Recipe Submitted by Nancy in FL ..|.. Category: Gifts in a Jar
Place ingredients into a medium bowl.
Blend with a whisk.
Place mixture into a ziplock sandwich bag. Place bag into a 14-16 oz. can (regular size vegetable, fruit, etc. can).
Decorate can with a label that can be removed and attach recipe with these instructions:
DATE NUT BREAD TO BAKE IN A CAN
1. Remove mix from can. Empty bag of mix into a medium bowl.
2. Add 1 TBSP water, 1 TBSP oil and 1 egg. Mix well.
3. Remove any labels or decorations from can. Grease can by rolling
some oil around inside of can. Drain excess oil. DON'T spray can
with cooking spray-recipe will not work in a sprayed can.
4. Spoon batter into can. Bake at 350 for 32-35 minutes. Bread is
done when a broom straw or bamboo skewer placed in the middle of
bread comes out clean.
5. When bread is done let it cool 15 minutes in the can. Run a plain
table knife around edge of bread to loosen it from the can. shake
can to allow the bread to slide out.
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org