Recipe Submitted by Nancy in FL ..|.. Category: Gifts in a Jar
1. Place cake mix into a ziplock sandwich
2. Mix next three ingredients. Place this mixture into a separate snack size ziplock bag and label "Streusel Mix".
3. Place bag of cake mix and bag of streusel mix into a 14-16 oz. can (regular size vegetable or fruit, etc. can)
3. Decotate can and attach recipe with following instructions:
HONEY BUN CAKE TO BAKE IN A CAN
1. Remove mix from can. Empty bag of mix into a medium bowl.
2. Add 1 TBSP water, 1 TBSP oil and 1 egg. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle streusel mix from streusel mix packet into batter. Stir
once or twice to just barely mix.
4. Remove any labels or decorations from can. Add a little oil to
the can and swish around to coat sides of can. Discard excess oil.
(Don't spray can with cooking spray-doesn't work in sprayed can.)
5. Spoon batter into can and bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes. Cake is
done when a broom straw or bamboo skewer placed in middle of cake
comes out clean).
6. When cake is done let it cool for 15 minutes in the can. Run a
plain table knife around edge of cake to loosen it from the can.
Shake can to allow cake to slide out.
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org