Recipe Submitted by Nancy in FL ..|.. Category: Gifts in a Jar
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1
quart wide mouth jar.
Press each layer firmly in place. Put jelly beans in a snack size ziplock bag. Press bag very firmly into jar.
Decorate jar and attach recipe:
JELLY BEAN JEWEL COOKIES
1. Remove bag of jelly beans from the jar. Set aside.
2. Empty jar contents into a large mixing bowl. Blend thoroughly with a whisk.
3. Add: 6 TBSP (3/4 of 1 stick) very soft butter or margarine (NOT diet or tub).
4. Mix with an electric mixer or a spoon until mostly blended. Finish mixing with your hands to form a smooth dough.
5. Drop by Tablespoonfuls 2" apart on sprayed cookie sheets. Make an indention in each cookie with your thumb. Place (2 full size or 3-4 minature size) jelly beans into each indention.
6. Bake at 375 ofr 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet--then remove to wire racks.
MAKES: 26-30 cookies
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org