Recipe Submitted by Nancy in FL ..|.. Category: Gifts in a Jar
Place ingredients into a medium bowl.
Blend with whisk.
Place mixture into a sandwich size ziplock bag. Place bag into a 14-16 oz. decorated can.
Attach recipe with the following instructions:
OATMEAL BREAD TO BAKE IN A CAN
1. Remove mix from can. Empty bag of mix into a medium bowl.
2. Add 2 TBSP water, 1 TBSP oil, and 1 egg. Mix well
3. Remove any labels or decorations from can. Grease can well with some shortening or margarine on a paper towel. DON'T spray can with cooking spray-recipe will not work in a sprayed can.
4. Spoon batter into can. Bake at 375 for 33-36 minutes. Bread is done when a broom straw or bamboo skewer placed in the middle of the
bread comes out clean.
5. When bread is done let it cool in can for 15 minutes. Run a plain table knife around edge of bread to loosen it from can. shake can to
allow bread to slide out.
6. To serve, cut bread into slices the desired thickness.
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org